Hey Future Job Seekers! One thing that we all can agree upon is that as the job market is constantly evolving, we want to get ourselves into a field that would have a bright scope not only today but in the future as well. This is why today we are bringing you exactly what you need. Cybersecurity is one of the most thriving fields today, but the question is How to start your career in Cybersecurity? Here is everything you need to know about it. Go through the post and find out!
What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting computer systems, networks, and digital assets from unauthorized access, attacks, damage, or theft of information. It comprises a wide range of technologies, practices, and measures designed to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of digital information.
Cybersecurity is a critical concern in today’s digital age because of the increasing frequency of cyber threats. Cyberattacks can result in financial losses, and reputational damage, and even pose threats to national security. As a result, organizations and individuals alike invest in cybersecurity measures to protect their data and systems from potential harm.
How to start your career in Cybersecurity?
The first way that you can take in order to get into the Cybersecurity field is in terms of your educational qualification
Educational Qualification required:
- Any Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Information Systems, Cybersecurity or Computer Engineering will work for you.
- Any Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity or MBA) with a specialization in Information Security Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) would act great for your career in Cybersecurity.
- Apart from this, you can go for a vocational training program or a boot camp in Cybersecurity.
In order to ease out your way into cybersecurity, its important for you to get some valid and professional certifications.
Some popular certifications include:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Salary in Cybersecurity:
The salary packages in the field of Cybersecurity are mostly good because India has a growing demand for cybersecurity professionals due to the increasing reliance on technology. Therefore, for:
Entry-Level roles like:
- Security Analyst
- Network Security Engineer
- Security Consultant (Trainee)
Employees are offered 3-6 LPA
Mid-Level roles like:
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Penetration Tester (Ethical Hacker)
Employees are offered around 6-14 LPA
Senior-Level roles like:
- Senior Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Employees are offered around 25 LPA and above.
Free Courses with Certifications:
Here are some of the best courses for Cybersecurity that are absolutely free. These courses will act as a guide for you to know about the field and much more. Specially, if you are a beginner or not quite familiar with this field, this is the key for you!